News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Cheers guys.

Havei f had fish take a Kate McLaren almost as soon as it hits the water or when it is almost fishing like a dry, I have been thinking that the Golden Pheasant crest tail may look like a shuck to the fish. Been meaning to try adding a similar tail to a DHE for a while now, as I have a little bit of deer hair burning a hole in my desk I thought it was about time to act on the idea:

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Must've been subliminal robbie. Sat down after work tonight and thought 'I'll tie a wet mayfly' must've been after seeing yours the other day  :lol: very simple with this one and a bit lighter dressing than my usual.[attachimg=1]

pedropete

kate mclaren var!! boosted wing with some chartreuse flash and a wee pinch of yellow deerhair tips. size 10#shortshank hook.

rannoch raider

A meaty mouthful there Pete. Looks like a decent offering for a day of big winds, a good chop and a bit of peat in the water. Very nice.

Crawhin

That is lovely Pete - might steal that one.  Looks like a fiddly tie though - a lot going on for one hook!?

Ian

pedropete

thanks, Jim, aye actually teeny wee things, cropping pics so close in always makes them look massive..cant wait to get out now, looks like its a slow start to season 2018 hahah

wee bit footery with an under wings etc, just take my time with them..thankyou!!

Lochan_load

Aye that'll get them lookin up!

Bobfly

Got Big Wave Broonies stamped on them those ones  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

Wee claret and pearl dabbler
[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

You might make one or two more of them  :wink:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page