News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Those look the business Pete!!

Robbie

I've been tying a few wee pheasant tail nymphs in the hope of getting near some running water soon.
[attachimg=1]

Also had a play with a skinny pearly mayfly follow inspiration of Andys earlier fly.
[attachimg=2]

pedropete

what would we do without pheasant tails ..i mean the feather and the nymph,must be one of the most used!! im still tying flashy trads.

soldier dabbler!! 10# hyabusa 761 comp heavy.

haresear

A rare post from me on this thread. :)

I can't see these winning any prizes except maybe brown spotted prizes :)[attachimg=1]
Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

Nice one Alex, nothing wrong with those and in any case, the "brown spotted prizes" are the only ones that matter! Clearly getting the sniff of the March Brown hatch then ?  :wink:

pedropete

sweet d.h.e. look good to me!!

haresear

Quote from: rannoch raider on April 01, 2018, 10:04:42 PM
Nice one Alex, nothing wrong with those and in any case, the "brown spotted prizes" are the only ones that matter! Clearly getting the sniff of the March Brown hatch then ?  :wink:
Quote from: pedropete

link=topic=9025.msg310536#msg310536 date=1522617256

sweet d.h.e. look good to me!!

You are too kind. I know they are scruffy. Typical of my flies :lol:

I have only had one day out and no March Browns were on show that day. Speaking to Paul Procter at GAC yesterday and he has no MBs down on t' Eden either. It has to happen soon ....
Protect the edge.

pedropete

I've been putting a few flys together for a trip to loch eye in may, been one on my list to fish for a bit.some flashy wets,fiery brown dabblers on crack!!

rannoch raider

They're certainly attractive to my eye! I do like the colours and that Clare Bumble is beautiful. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with them Pete.

Wildfisher

I just hope the weather improves soon so we can get out and use some of these flies. Last year at this time I was catching sea trout on dries on the South Esk. It's fucking snowing here right now.  :roll:

Global bloody warming I guess.  :lol:

Go To Front Page