News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

The RAGP was invented by the father of the man we stayed with in Ireland for 6 years. Tidy job !   :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

rannoch raider

Quote from: Bobfly on June 20, 2019, 11:56:41 PM
The RAGP was invented by the father of the man we stayed with in Ireland for 6 years. Tidy job !   :D

:8) It really is a small world ! I think it's a great pattern. I used to fish it regularly years ago. It is a great attractor as a muddler and it also works well as a dry fly with a full cock hackle clipped flat beneath.
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

First crack at a Yellow Owl  Shuttlecock , size 16 Hannak hook. I've tied lots that were very similar but wasn't familiar with the latest name .... :? Think I need to buy more magazines :lol:

[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Clan Chief

Yep! That muddler in particular looks a cracker!

rannoch raider

A few for the summer evenings when the Caddis are popping up  :)

[attachimg=1]

Ptinid

It's been years now since I've tied flies, so I'm trying to get my mojo back there as well as with the actual fishing - I had no idea how much prices have gone up BTW!!

Anyway - that's my excuse for the quality of the tying.

These are three variants on a fly I developed quite a few years ago. It is on a 14 B400 emerger. Claret thread; tails - red feathers from a Golden Pheasant back; body is a mix of claret seals fur and red flashabou; wing in the middle fly is claret squirrel tail, and the hackle in all three is brown saddle.

I like "buggy' flies with lots of movement - especially for mergers. I have hopes for these!!
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

rannoch raider

It won't take you long to get back into it . Good colours and plenty of 'kick' in those. I'll bet they get plenty of attention.  :8)

Lochan_load

A few traditionals for a pal heading north, done 10's and 12's as well but these are some 14's. Claret bumbles, kate Mclarens and bibios.
[attachimg=1]

Ptinid

Heading to France - and managed to get permission to take a rod, so hoping to get a shot at some Zander on the Soane.

These Sculpins are my first real shot at using a muddler type head and zonker (although this is artificial rabbit). Hopefully they'll do the trick. Good fun to tie and the missus thinks they look like rats!
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Go To Front Page