News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part-time

This topic has been a great inspiration for me after seeing the pictures posted of some great flies. I usually have a half hearted attempt every winter to tie a few flies but now after a month and a half I've nearly filled a fly box - more than I've tied over the last few seasons!

They're a bit of a mixed bunch and a rough at the edges so no close ups just yet - need to get the heads a bit neater for a start.

sandyborthwick

Aye Part Time nice loking flees.

I'm like you my tying over the years had become erratic and very seldom, with so many good step by steps on this site and the great ideas I've really started again.

The only problem is it soon shows how your eyesight is getting poorer over the years :worms, I've had to resort to buying one of those magnifying glasses. :oops:

Sandy B.O.

Scotaidh

Quote from: Part-time on March 17, 2009, 12:54:02 AM
This topic has been a great inspiration for me after seeing the pictures posted of some great flies. I usually have a half hearted attempt every winter to tie a few flies but now after a month and a half I've nearly filled a fly box - more than I've tied over the last few seasons!

They're a bit of a mixed bunch and a rough at the edges so no close ups just yet - need to get the heads a bit neater for a start.

Is that a few flies designed by myself on the left?

Part-time

Thanks for the kind comments guys - a good confidence booster. Just need to see what the troot think of them next.

The eyes are starting to feel the strain a bit Sandy; getting a magnifier or reading specs has crossed my mind.

Scotaidh, quite possibly some of yours in there but I've been looking at so many flies on here I'm loosing track of who's I've been copying.

Scotaidh

Quote from: Part-time on March 17, 2009, 11:55:13 PM

Scotaidh, quite possibly some of yours in there but I've been looking at so many flies on here I'm loosing track of who's I've been copying.

I'm pleased someone actually took the time to copy them!  Give me a shout if they catch.

Lovely box of flys btw, although if you can see the foam it isn't full enough, get tying  :tongue2

Wildfisher

Hoping I might use this tomorrow. Size 14 LDO parachute

Who says parachutes are hard to tie ? this one took 3 minutes!

[attachimg=1]

just_steven

Just a few Hedgehogs today.

Steve

Tim

Lovely hogs. I've tied hogs before, but now tend to use a variety of more straight forward deer hair sedges. It could just be me being lazy, but I find them just as effective. Any views?

Tim

deergravy

I think you're quite right Tim.
Hogs and Half-hogs are more about fly-tying than catching fish.
Over-complicated.
That's my hunch, anyway.

Dave

Wildfisher

Quote from: Tim on March 19, 2009, 04:12:06 PM
more straight forward deer hair sedges. It could just be me being lazy, but I find them just as effective. Any views?

I find the  DHS more versatile and suited to the bulk of the fishing I do, that said hogs are damned good pulling flies, the bandies love 'em!   :D

Go To Front Page