News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

tungsten beads

Started by brian, January 09, 2009, 08:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runarsson

Another tungsten recommendation is the Nymph Head from Flymen Fishing Company (http://www.flymenfishingcompany.com). They are relatively cheap compared to other tungsten brands... and on top of that, they also have 3D eyes... and very nice colors (which they also offer in a range of regular brass beads).

Here are some of my flies using the tungsten beads. (Eyes are painted with their special pen.)
There... that was today's share of promoting. :lol:

/Niclas

The General

sandyborthwick

Excellent Flies Niclas, I really like the look of that Peeping Caddis. My local place is full of caddis and that looks superb.

Thanks or sharing given me a idea or two.

Sandy B.O.

Ian_M

Beautifully tied flies.  Particularly like the look of the Peeping Caddis and the Woven Caddis Pupa.
Ian

east wind

Quote from: toms dun on January 09, 2009, 09:03:07 PM
tungsten-beads.co.uk idont know how to link
                                                         Tom

Order out 9pm on Tuesday, arrive first post Thursday. Now got enough tungsten to sink a battleship and a free waste line holder. Impressive.

EW
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Runarsson

Quote from: sandyborthwick on January 22, 2009, 02:35:00 PM
Excellent Flies Niclas, I really like the look of that Peeping Caddis. My local place is full of caddis and that looks superb.

Thanks or sharing given me a idea or two.

Sandy B.O.
Thanks to all for warm words.

Technique used for tying the caddis case (can probably be done in other ways getting similar result):
After leaving a loop of thread at the back, the entire case part is covered with peacock herl. Then fill the loop with deer hair and spin it into a "deer hair chenille". Trim it down quite a bit and "rib" it forward over the peacock herl. Finish with trimming the deer hair really short.

I suppose you can do it the other way around too... packing deer hair first and then rib with peacock herl. But I'm sure that way won't be a time saver. :lol:

/Nick

Go To Front Page