News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Trout Fishing / Re: Is It Worth It?
Last post by Wildfisher - January 26, 2024, 10:04:10 AM
Quote from: mattheweastham on January 25, 2024, 10:01:49 PMthe tick situation was becoming desperate and I assume it hasn't eased any.

It's out of control. To fish there without treated clothing is to play Lymes Roulette
Open Board / Re: 20th Anniversary Year
Last post by scoobyscott - January 26, 2024, 07:43:05 AM
Well done Fred and the team. 20 years is quite an achievement 👏
Quote from: zeolite on January 21, 2024, 01:10:33 AMI think an anniversary event in the summer is in order.
I'd be up for that 🎣🥃
Last post by mattheweastham - January 25, 2024, 10:01:49 PM
Last time I was up that way (2015 I think), we took a wee croft near Inchnadamph at 200 quid for the week!
Ridiculous prices now and if I was fishing there again, I'd probably camp. Is the fishing worth it? Personally I don't think so. Plus the tick situation was becoming desperate and I assume it hasn't eased any.
Matt
Last post by Wildfisher - January 25, 2024, 09:45:08 PM
Quote from: Fishtales on January 25, 2024, 09:24:30 PMAll you need is a tent, a rucksack and a place to park the car then walk away from the road and paths and find a nice quiet tucked away area...sorted :)

That's fine for a couple of days Sandy. Anyway how do auld yins like us get our zimmers into the tent?  ;D
Open Board / Re: 20th Anniversary Year
Last post by silverbutcher - January 25, 2024, 09:40:46 PM
Gaun yirsel guys. Thanks for keeping going. I don't visit as often as I used to but I still enjoy all posts. I've learned a lot from here through the years  :)
Last post by Fishtales - January 25, 2024, 09:24:30 PM
All you need is a tent, a rucksack and a place to park the car then walk away from the road and paths and find a nice quiet tucked away area...sorted :)
Last post by Wildfisher - January 25, 2024, 08:02:29 PM
Quote from: johnny boy on January 25, 2024, 07:40:23 PMDefinitely not aimed at anglers, prices everywhere have gone mad  :-X
Covid and the NC500 changed  everything and the new laws by the SG have forced many owners out of the market apparently.

It was also surprised that there were still a lot of available lets. By this time of year most used to be sold out.
Members' Board / Re: Plans for 2024
Last post by scoobyscott - January 25, 2024, 07:56:18 PM
Plan to fish my club water (Coulter) more this season but say that every year and fish it a couple of times. Got a long weekend in May at rutland  :o week in Poland end of the season on the San. Apart from that will mostly be on the rivers chasong broonies. My target is a 4lb+ river trout this year. Had them upto 3lbs so far
Last post by johnny boy - January 25, 2024, 07:40:23 PM
Definitely not aimed at anglers, prices everywhere have gone mad  :-X
Trout Fishing / Is It Worth It?
Last post by Wildfisher - January 25, 2024, 07:33:53 PM
I was checking availability and prices of self catering properties in Assynt today. The price inflation is eyewatering.

Places that cost around £400 / week pre-Covid are now topping £1000 and some are double that!

Question is, are these prices too high for anglers considering the average quality of the fishing?

I have to assume that anglers are no longer the target audience!
Go To Front Page