News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New to snatchers

Started by Crawhin, May 09, 2008, 05:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawhin

Hi Guys,

Have used skinny palmered flees before of course but, for some reason, never got round to trying the very popular snatchers. Fancy giving them a go on my Kinbrace trip  :D later this month so tried tying up some of the attached - do these look about right?  :?

Second question is - has anyone had experience of mayflies in Sutherland/Caithness at the end of May/beginning of June before? So should I take a few mayfly patters or would it just be too early?

Cheers, 

Ian

Crawhin

Cheers Allan  :) - back to the vice then!

Ian

Hoolet

Hi Ian,

i used to go up and fish the forsinard lochs regularly in the late 80`s early 90`s and found to my delight some huge hatches of green drake mayflies,dripping from every blade of grass around loch sletill and the trout just motoring around on the surface hoovering them up,this prompted us to come up with a novel way (for us) of landing one or two of them as they ignored our artificials,i put up the dapping rod,stripped a hook down and put 2 mayflies on the hook,hey presto! fish every cast,ill never forget that day as my brother played then lost the biggest brownie ive seen in the loch,at least 6lb!

unfortunately id have to agree with Allan though,might be just a little early,but something olive,whether a mayfly pattern or a nymph should do the trick.

cheere
George.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Go To Front Page