News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

good loch flies

Started by beaniboy67, March 29, 2004, 07:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

listen guys i dont know if you have been on there site before but the orkney trout association has a really good website and the fly section is awesome.

basically a few of the guys who fish in orkney have represented scotland in the last 10 years and to be honest you wont get any better anglers.

sandy nicholson came second in the world 3 years ago and norman irvine,ken kennedy and the rest of the orkney boys no wild trout inside out winning the british loch style numerous times over the last 10 years.

if you wana see what they catch them on go to orkney trout fishing website

http://www.orkneytroutfishing.co.uk    

go to the section called fishing then on to fly patterns section. all of the guys have full colour pictures with all materials and tying tips on their top flies.

these flies will catch fish anywhere and the section contains many of the top patterns which are used to catch our wild fish.

beaniboy67

hia allan. i have actually looked at your patterns before i just never clicked when i saw the name on here  :) .

are u going to the orkneys this year fishing?

i am going up in july for a week as per usual but i would like maybe another week too at some point this season.

the thing is tho south uist might just come into the fray instead as i know the machair lochs are far easier to wet a line on this year. Infact its maybe fair to say you can take your pic on whatever one u want this year and for the forseeable future. :D

Go To Front Page