News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Leftycam

Started by scotty9, September 17, 2009, 12:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Just another video of me casting left handed, got in a few different angles and casts this time. My forward cast is looking pretty good but the backcast is leaving a lot to be desired apart from when i go across my body, the f*cking thing's perfect  :shock: :D All in all though i'd say it's fair coming along on the left side, it's keeping me amused anyway! The realisation that my right hand could still be out of commission for the crask trip is what keeps me practising i think....

Strangely the instant i hold line in my right hand my cast dies, just needs some practice. Any tips/comments fire away!

haresear

Not bad for a reluctant lefty :)

I think you could make the stop a wee bit more crisply Scott.
The pause on the backcast needs to be longer too and more definite. Sometimes it looks like you are not pausing at all, so the line is not fully extended behind when you start the forward cast.

Your tracking is far better than mine.

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

Thanks Alex.

Will get to work on the stops! I think the lack of pause looks worse since i'm drifting a bit immediately after the stop. Maybe i'm running the two together slightly on the backcast? That could be an issue! Will check that tomorrow.

It's amazing just how different the brains feels the cast when you put the rod in the other hand... makes fault fixing dam difficult i assure you!  :D

Going to the casting club tomorrow? I should be along for a chat and some brief left hand work, it gets tired very fast!

haresear

QuoteMaybe i'm running the two together slightly on the backcast?

I think you are right. Make a definite stop....then drift.

I'll be there tomorrow and you can help fix my faults :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

Quote from: Ardbeg on September 17, 2009, 02:24:00 AM
Wait until you catch a troot.  The rod will be in your right hand quicker than you can believe :D

Ardbeg

Once this cast is off, the rod will be in my right hand quicker than you can blink an eye!  :8) If i hooked a troot the now, i'd just look at it wondering what to do  :lol:

scotty9

Quote from: Alan on September 17, 2009, 06:22:01 PM
the film quality is brilliant, need to quiz you on that and how you manage to position yourself in the centre of the frame without the line dissapearing out one side,

not bad lefty cast too..

Can't answer quality, that's just what the camera does then video formats. Use AVI or a dvd high definition quality. The line..... the camera is MILES away from me casting, a good 50 yards i'd say. The camera is actually on a tripod in the front seat of the car looking out the open drivers window  :D

River Chatter

Quote from: scotty9 on September 17, 2009, 11:12:15 PM
The camera is actually on a tripod in the front seat of the car looking out the open drivers window  :D

That's a very effective method of monitoring the speed of your cast too Scotty. The cops use this method to monitor the speed of my car sometimes when I'm on my way to a casting sesson! Very helpful of them to make the effort  :? Good lefty casting by the way - should come in handy in the future when fishing tight spots!  :)

Go To Front Page