News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Casting at Bunnies or a Rabbit Runs Through It.

Started by haresear, October 03, 2010, 10:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Sorry Peter, but I must lay claim to your forum name of Rabbitangler :)

It happened like this...

I was up at Kinross today at a SGAIC instructors do, with casting demonstrations, presentations and all that jazz. After the formal part, we plebs got to play with casting and talking shite about casting for a couple of hours. 

Space was at a premium, so some ended up casting on the grass. Chris was doing curve casts and I was watching, listening and learning from guys who are better than I. That's when i saw the rabbit.

I was watching the backcast and noticed a wee rabbit, bold as brass, nibbling the grass about 35 feet away.
I couldn't resist chucking a piece of yarn at it, partly to see how it would react, partly to see how accurate I could be and partly for a laugh.

First cast was well short. Second cast was about a foot to the side, but no reaction from the rabbit. Third cast and I thought I had landed the yarn on the animal's back. Actually I had cast the yarn over its neck and the yarn was just the other side of the rabbit. I pulled gently and the yarn lay on the top of the rabbit before it moved and the yarn fell off. That's when the rabbit spooked. Honest, I have two witnesses!

So Peter McCallum, step aside. I am indeed the one true rabbit angler :lol: ( you can ask Will Shaw and Stevie Reid).

Alex

Protect the edge.

Harpo

I know it's near the end fo the Trout Season Alex, but you didnae have to go casting at Stockies!

haresear

QuoteWhat size would you say the bunny was? Laughing

Well I don't really know what weight it would be :). I've had mallards and, I don't like to boast, all manner of birds before, but then mammals probably weigh a bit heavier than a bird of the same size. Alan Broon is yer man for mammals, what with his considerable batman experience.

Stuart, I can assure you it was a wild or at least a feral, rabbit. Naturally.

Alex
Protect the edge.

rabbitangler

Sorry Alex but rabbitangler is one word and copyrighted!!!!!

You'll be hearing from my lawyers sir.............. :D :D

haresear

QuoteSorry Alex but rabbitangler is one word and copyrighted!!!!!

You'll be hearing from my lawyers sir............./quote]

:lol:

Maybe you could rustle some of these up Peter? Might be just the job for bunny bashing? http://www.troutlure.co.uk/displayGoods.do?category_id=2&subcategory_id=32

Piscatus, now I see where you get the story telling genes from :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page