News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

NE Club Like Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Albert Wright, October 13, 2010, 11:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Wright

This looks like exactly what I am after. Is there anything like this club closer to Aberdeen? I did hear a rumour  of something in Turrif but can't find anything about it.

Wildfisher

Sadly nothing like  that up here Albert (that I know of at least). You should ask on the Abedeenshire forum they used to have the odd  meeting I think. It's worth asking. They might know about the Turriff club if it got off the ground, I have no idea.

Albert Wright

I asked about it there admin but no one seemed to know much I was however to  put onto one of the sites owners called Ben who might be able to help. I'll get back in touch with him next time I'm on there and get his phone number from the pm he sent me.

Wildfisher

Best of luck to you then Albert!    :lol:  If you need any more help just ask.

I have split this into an new topic as it really has nothing to do with Glasgow Casting Club.

Albert Wright

Well it does seem as if my options  have been curtailed Alan. The Aberdeenshire forum seems to have removed me and all my posts.   Weird what did I do to deserve that?   It looks like help from there  is not an option now not sure I'd want it now anyway.  Does anyone know any other instructor's up here? 

Wildfisher

Sorry to hear that Albert but we really don't want to discuss other web sites that have nothing to do with us here. I know there are some instructors in the Aberdeen area. Is it single or double handed casting you want to learn? Have you checked the ADAA website?

How abut this guy?

http://www. /adaaCastingInstruction.php

Wildfisher

It may also be worth contacting rabbitangler who is a member here 

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=71

Peter is a qualified instructor in the "southern north east"    :lol:   and may be able to offer you some advice. 

Hope this is of some help.   :D

Albert Wright

Fair enough admin I won't mention it again and thanks a lot  for the helpful information.

Malcolm

Albert,

The NE casting club that already exists is at the Turriff angling association and is run by Turriff Tackle. I believe that it is the first Sunday in every month at 0930 but check with The organiser.

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Albert Wright

Thank you!  What a pity our locals could not be so friendly and helpful.

Go To Front Page