News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

NE Club Like Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Albert Wright, October 13, 2010, 11:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Albert,

Frank at Turriff Tackle is a good bloke

Here's his site, contact him and he'll keep you right.

http://www.fishingthedeveron.co.uk/

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on October 14, 2010, 03:31:11 PM
a live broadcast casting club would be an interesting experiment

Even the very thought  makes me shudder.  The prospect of you and Alex being caught on film on a Sunday morning after the night before  is dreadful.  :lol:

Malcolm

a fine compliment to my new 100' long mirror that lets you see your self cast for the first time in the history of learning things you cant see.

Presumably you'd have to look sideways to see it? I've seen the effect on your casting of turning your head and I'm sure it's the same with mine.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

If you shake your head rapidly from side to side does this produce a decent slack line cast?  :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on October 14, 2010, 04:19:38 PM
it struck me that everyone knows what a nice cast looks like, yet when we practice or fish we dont cant see our own to draw comparisons, a camcorder can work but by the time you see it the moment is gone, a mirror lets you make corrections immediately.

What if the instructor just demonstrates what is correct, what the student is doing wrong and what he should do to correct it?  Or would that be too simple?  :?

haresear

Quote from: admin on October 14, 2010, 07:20:41 PM
What if the instructor just demonstrates what is correct, what the student is doing wrong and what he should do to correct it?  Or would that be too simple?  :?

Fred, don't burst his bubble.  Alan clearly has another business idea involving the production of 100 foot mirrors :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

haresear

As it happens, I often face a full length mirror and try to train my rod hand so that the tracking is spot on, so I agree with Alan on this.

Alex.
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

sorry to mention it but i'm shocked at the spontanious banning,

Just to be clear no one has been banned from here Alan. It was another forum.  Every forum regime is different, not all are as open minded and easy going as this. Bans here are rare  very rare  and only ever in extreme circumstances, threatening or disruptive behaviour, passing on  information that members have posted in confidence etc.  How other forum admins run their sites is no business of ours.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on October 14, 2010, 11:18:07 PM
i used to think that too :lol: asking what the learner wants to achieve or identifying a fault is the traditional way, most dont get past this stage, but refine what they have, preferring to build on what has worked before whether it is an improvement or not, there are limitations to this method that frustrate me,

Have you considered using a laser guidance device?  All  serious casting instructors should have one.  

Alex and I are taking 2 to  New Zealand in February. :lol:

No I am not kidding...........................  :D

Malcolm

...just try taking one of those on a 'plane and see what happens!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page