News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Weird tailing loop

Started by davefromtheattic, November 16, 2010, 11:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefromtheattic

Wow, some nice pieces there Fred. I've never been a Fender guy myself, only because when I think Fender I think single coil. Les Paul's are more my weapon of choice  :D

Wildfisher

I think I need an SG to complete my collection   :lol:

Dave, I love  the tiger maple on that  Les Paul.   :8)

davefromtheattic

The perfect marriage!!!

Aye Fred, it's lovely. I HAD to have it. The finish is "iced tea" sunburst  :8)

Wildfisher

Funny, but the Strat is still my guitar of choice even although  it's not as well made as the Gibsons.  The  scale length just seems right in my hands and I find it easier to play even although  the  action is much higher than the Les Paul.  My Strat  is an early 80s model, not one of these shit  70s  things with 3 screws holding the neck on. That said I can't say I  noticed Richy Blackmore having too many problems with the 70s models.  :lol:

davefromtheattic

Maybe he spent so many years overcoming these problems that one day he just thought "f*** it, I'm taking up the lute"

Malcolm

Quote from: admin on November 21, 2010, 09:04:46 PM
I think I need an SG to complete my collection   :lol:

Dave, I love  the tiger maple on that  Les Paul.   :8)

I have an 1960s/ early 70s SG up in my loft somewhere. I bought it in 1977 I think. It hasn't been played for about 20 years, I gave up playing guitar about then as I have no talent. I sold my amp and speakers but couldn't bear to get rid of the guitar. As a big fan of blues and fingerstyle guitar I couldn't bear the noise I was making. Now I just go to see Albert Lee, Tommy Emmanuel, Martin Simpson and other greats whenever I can. I'm happier that way.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

I never let that  worry me Malcolm. Guitar playing is like anything else, you don't get good at it by accident. You have to play and play and play just to stand still......... I hardly ever do now and struggle to put a whole song together. My guitars are  now just something I'll pass onto my sons, Martin especially  is a far better player than I am or ever was.

Look at it  this way, a lot of guys you see with ?1000's   of fishing gear can't fish to save themselves either.   :lol:

I bought that acoustic when I was 18 or 19 years old. It cost 200 quid. A small bloody fortune back then.  The tone just gets better as the years go by. It could do with re-fretting  for a few postions up from the nut. It's seen a lot of use in 40 years.

davefromtheattic

QuoteYou have to play and play and play just to stand still.........

I'll second that, I can't really be bothered playing catch up anymore. I'll never be as good as I used to be, probably because I can't spend 6 hours a day posing in front of my mirrored wardrobes anymore!

Inchlaggan

There is a 40 year old blonde Tele in the shed, in need of a scratchplate and tremolo arm.
And a cherry SG under the couch.
The Marshall amp and cabinet have long gone.
And, erm, a banjo in the corner of the lounge.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

davefromtheattic

There seems to be a lot of evidence of guitarists turning to fishing. Everyone should bring one to a forum outing next season and we'll see how many half songs we can belt out :lol:

Go To Front Page