News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Weird tailing loop

Started by davefromtheattic, November 16, 2010, 11:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Argh someone needs to teach me guitar!

There's no comparing the angel to the AEG. Suffice to say you cast an angel and get the "holy f*ck" feeling  :lol:

Dave, if you truly want to better your casting as a whole, learn how to get the most out of both the softer rod and the stiffer one. It may take a bit longer than sticking to one but you'll likely develop the ability to change between different rods better - it's not difficult, it's just a matter of learning the changes, a casting club would make it pretty darn easy!

Re your tailing loop - it's not the rod and it's not the line. That combo works perfectly well at short, medium and longish range (it dies at silly distance).

How do you stop the rod? Do you try to just stop your hand? If you do, try rotating the rod a wee bit in the stop, so when you come to stop your hand rotate your wrist forward slightly. I'm just chucking ideas of what i think might be the issue, it's near impossible without seeing for definite. Also try this: when you start the forward movement, drag the rod through space (forward) for as long as possible without changing its angle before you want to stop it. Ie. rod goes like this \\\\\\\\|/ instead of \\\|/. And don't power it, be gentle and hopefully this will lead to getting the issue away.

And put a video up!  :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: scotty9 on November 25, 2010, 06:59:08 AM
Argh someone needs to teach me guitar!

Bugger off. Knowing you you'd be better at it than Hendrix after about 2 weeks.   :lol:

davefromtheattic

Ha ha, thanks for the advice Scott, I'll give it a try. That is, of course, if I manage to ever get out!

davefromtheattic

Scott, I forgot about your suggestion, I've sorted the problem though. I'm a ''puller'' now  :D

Wildfisher

Strat, Les Paul and Marshall.

Davy, you are a true British rocker if ever there was one.    :lol:

Inchlaggan

The trouble with the WFF House Band is that we have plenty of lead and rhythm, no bass and no beat.
Much like our casting I guess......
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

A Noel Gallagher once said "I'll play the f*****g bass"   :lol: