News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Damn Fladen!!!!!!!

Started by davefromtheattic, February 13, 2011, 03:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Fair play and I'm glad to hear it!  :D

dazdidge

I have never had really expensive rods but the dearest was ?180. Then all my gear got nicked and I came on here looking for advice for a cheap new rod. I can't recall who recommended it but I now have three Fladen rods!!! They outperform my previous rods by a mile and my casting has improved ten fold since getting them.` For the price I really think it would be hard to get better, and if you break it a replacement section will only cost a few quid!!!!

corsican dave

Quote from: davefromtheattic on February 13, 2011, 07:59:12 PM
:lol: Or a second handle to replace the original once it's fallen to bits after a couple of hours!

we've got three fladens between us. mine gets used as the "crap rod you use when you don't want to risk your nice ones" and, as such, gets completely abused. i've used it two lines overweight in the salt and it's been shoved in a rucsac and lobbed in the back of the car. must be a FAR better rod than the price would suggest :lol: it also casts pretty good, too....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

alancrob

Dave

You have not responded to my very fair offer!  If you are going to be really difficult I will give you ?5:50 and collect it myself.  Apparently it is worth that amount? Allegedly.

I might just have to look on ebay if you don't accept soon.  :makefun

A

davefromtheattic

:lol:

I am growing quite attached to the wee fella. I need to work on my leader though. I'm using a Bluesky mono furled leader and about 5ft of 6lb mono. I stripped the end of the line and tied a wee perfection loop for the flyline connection. When i present the fly (wool) it does a wee weird  jig as the leader is turning over, I've then put the rod down and walked down to the fly, pulled it and it has about 6in till taught. Is that good? I dunno. It looks strange.

Go To Front Page