News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing

Started by Brian Mcg, April 15, 2011, 11:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

But home based angers can get that for free. All you do is join a forum like  this and get to know people.  Scotland not being a trout destination the market is going to be very limited if selling to visitors.   Salmon is where the money is in Scotland.

I'm all for people making a few quid for themselves, if someone feels they would benefit from a guide fair play to them. It's their money and good luck. For me this would take a lot of the fun part away from a days fishing. The idea of being told what fly and where the fish are does nothing for me. I would much rather find these things out for myself and learn as I go even if I caught nothing, which has been known more than once. Surely making mistakes and learning from them is part of what makes flyfishing enjoyable?

scotty9

Quote from: John Snedden on April 18, 2011, 05:10:31 PM
I'm all for people making a few quid for themselves, if someone feels they would benefit from a guide fair play to them. It's their money and good luck. For me this would take a lot of the fun part away from a days fishing. The idea of being told what fly and where the fish are does nothing for me. I would much rather find these things out for myself and learn as I go even if I caught nothing, which has been known more than once. Surely making mistakes and learning from them is part of what makes flyfishing enjoyable?

I agree in part. Especially about getting out and doing it yourself.

But, and there's always one isn't there, there are times I would definitely look to have a guide. A short trip where the learning process may just be too long to allow you to get the enjoyment from the trip you are looking for. From other replies, I too would pay to learn, not necessarily to be stuck on top of a good fish. But arguably if you were put on top of a good fish and were able to catch it - you either already knew what to do or just learned it.

Go To Front Page