News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

When was the last time you backed up your data/

Started by Inchlaggan, September 17, 2013, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

River Chatter

Backing up is a pain for me as I use Windows 7, which requires my external hard drive to be physically attached to my laptop for a backup to happen.  The drive is attached to my home network too - very frustrating as it can't be set up to automatically back up stuff  :(

Wildfisher

my data is automatically incrementally backed up every few hours. It's completely transparent

emc

Every hour, automatically and incrementally, never have to think about it. But then I do have a Mac and use Time Machine :worried

Wildfisher

I use this software on Windows 7 along with a permanently connected  USB 3 external drive.

http://www.todo-backup.com/?gclid=CNHLp8Cw0rkCFbHKtAodTyUAxg

It works like a charm. Install, setup, forget

Guddler

Far, far too long ago.
Lots of stuff now I'd be gutted if I lost so now downloading that todo-backup software and will hook up the portable hard drive I bought ages ago - thanks for the timely reminder.

Yardbent

Quote from: admin on September 17, 2013, 02:04:38 PM
I use this software on Windows 7 along with a permanently connected  USB 3 external drive.

is that wise.?

rural situation here with overhead power lines to residences
local PC shop says they get lotsa work after any lightening storm......... :(

i store my 2 externals in separate locations

burnie

Never, my computer is a toy for me, so nothing much important on it. I copy photos onto pen drives and then remove them from my pc, even though I have 1Tb of hard drive...................

shad

Just got a google chromebook at xmas, cloud computing seems the way to go for my needs .Cant loose anything unless google goes down ,also no more virus/malware woes.

Go To Front Page