News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

DUAL VIEW OS Mapping/Aerial Photo

Started by Bobfly, January 26, 2014, 01:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

See programme below which allows a split screen mapping and aerial photo presentation. The left screen can be toggled between OS maps and geology solid or drift, or road mapping, or old versions of OS, or terrain hybrid. Scaling done either side by sliding cursor. Drag to move around the country. Dual cursor movement over the map and the aerial. Mapping and aerials all the latest versions.    Great for speculative planning !!    :D :D :D

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

bushy palmer

Aye nice one! I've been using bing for the facility of being able to chop and change between os and ariel but the satellite pictures are better quality on this and the format is handy :)

Part-time

Probably the best free mapping site and certainly the one I use the most. You can plan and mark your route (using the options in the centre of the page) and it can show the ascent/decent, distance and time using Naismith's rule. You can also copy the route onto your GPS and copy routes from your GPS to show up on the on screen map. Only downside is their licence from OS has a daily limit so when its reached the up to date maps disappear until the next day - best not to  do your whumper loch expedition planning the evening before a bank holiday :)

Kenster197

Quote from: Bobfly on January 26, 2014, 01:36:23 PM
See programme below which allows a split screen mapping and aerial photo presentation. The left screen can be toggled between OS maps and geology solid or drift, or road mapping, or old versions of OS, or terrain hybrid. Scaling done either side by sliding cursor. Drag to move around the country. Dual cursor movement over the map and the aerial. Mapping and aerials all the latest versions.    Great for speculative planning !!    :D :D :D

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

That is a fantastic site. I've spent ages this morning having a good look around the area where I'm moving to. It makes so much more sense looking at the map at the same time as the photo. Love it.

Go To Front Page