News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Google maps

Started by Teither, February 26, 2014, 10:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teither

Does anyone know what has happened to Google maps ? I like to have a GM drive round various places each day but today I find that I cannot get any access other than being dumped on an  unsatisfactory site in the place I want to visit and being then unable to manoeuvre my way around. Is this another case of smart-arsed IT freaks and geeks amusing themselves by upsetting the elderly ?? Or is it just that I am missing something obvious ?  :x
T

haresear

Quote from: Teither on February 26, 2014, 10:52:02 PM
Does anyone know what has happened to Google maps ? I like to have a GM drive round various places each day but today I find that I cannot get any access other than being dumped on an  unsatisfactory site in the place I want to visit and being then unable to manoeuvre my way around. Is this another case of smart-arsed IT freaks and geeks amusing themselves by upsetting the elderly ?? Or is it just that I am missing something obvious ?  :x
T

Aye Jim, they have changed it on Chrome. I can't get to grips with it either, so I reverted to Google Maps Classic. Have a look here http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/434874-google-maps-street-view-new-chrome-layout-how-to-revert-back/

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

Alex,
        Many thanks for that. I followed your advice and have now recovered the street maps and my composure !  :D I do wonder whether I really am in a minority of people who find great difficulty in dealing with the effects of all the so-called upgrades thrust upon us . I am of an age at which I am happy with what I have and do not want to have to go back to school to learn the amount of knowledge [ and terminology ! ] involved in using my home computer just for a bit of recreation and enjoyment in what the net can offer - which, obviously, is a tremendously valuable asset for everyone.
       I wish there was a way by which dodderers could decline to accept those unwelcome upgrades.
Thanks again for your help, Alex.

Jim

haresear

Quote from: Teither on February 27, 2014, 12:09:45 PM
I do wonder whether I really am in a minority of people who find great difficulty in dealing with the effects of all the so-called upgrades thrust upon us . I am of an age at which I am happy with what I have and do not want to have to go back to school to learn the amount of knowledge [ and terminology ! ] involved in using my home computer just for a bit of recreation and enjoyment in what the net can offer - which, obviously, is a tremendously valuable asset for everyone.
       I wish there was a way by which dodderers could decline to accept those unwelcome upgrades.

I'm sure that myst be a sizeable minority Jim. I'm a fellow member.

Alex

Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page