News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Windows XP

Started by Highlander, October 21, 2014, 04:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

I need to load Frontpage 2000 but on my new computer which has Windows 7 one can not do that. My question is can I use an external hard drive, install XP on that & subsequently Frontpage on to that. I need Frontpage 2000 to amend my web site.
I am quite happy with 7 but just this issue I am at a loss to accomplish.
There are other versions but as I am familiar with the "old one I would like to continue with that if I can.
If answear is yes what do I need to buy (cheap) to accommodate this procedure.

Alan
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

If your version of windows 7 is "professional" or above you can install an xp virtual machine which will run all the xp stuff no problem

Highlander

Nah Fred I am sure it is a "Home Edition"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Fishtales

Windows professional and upwards will run XP programs in XP Mode or upgrade to 2003 and it should work :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Highlander

Sandy, Windows 7 which I have will not run Frontpage 2000. It might well run 2003 but I do not want to buy that. I am conversant with 2000 so want to keep that as my editor.

Alan

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on October 21, 2014, 05:41:01 PM
Sandy, Windows 7 which I have will not run Frontpage 2000. It might well run 2003 but I do not want to buy that. I am conversant with 2000 so want to keep that as my editor.

Alan

Have you tried to right click on Frontpage 2000 then selecting  "troubleshoot compatibility"?

Highlander

No I have not Fred but I get an error message half way through install I do have original Frontpage disc with codes. Taking advice on the net the concensus is that Windows 7 will not load Frontpage 2000. It will Frontpage 2003 but I do not want that one.
My son tells me he has Vista on his lap top. Maybye I could load the disc on to that & edit my web using his. I only want to be able to do that not use any other XP facilities.

Tight Lines

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page