News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Mink

Started by shanksi, August 03, 2008, 09:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanksi

Was up the Cart today for a couple of hours and managed to get soaked through in some of those downpours that came on.  At one point a mink came down the opposite bank carrying what looked like a rat in it's mouth.  The rat was almost the same size as the mink and this got me thinking.  How much can a mink carry compared to it's own body weight?  As a born and bred Weegie these things are a mystery to me. :D

shanksi

haresear

I saw a mink take a trout earlier this year. It was across the river from me but the fish must have been around 2lb.

Harelug and I had a running battle with one for several days during a recent fishing holiday.

There was one reliable area of the river which was stuffed with very good fish. Unfortunately a mink also knew it to be a good pool. Every so often it would go to slip into the water and we had to resort to chucking stones at it to keep it from spooking the fish in the pool.

Alex
Protect the edge.

shanksi

The thing it was carrying was light brown in colour and about 80% the size of the mink.  Have seen it in the same pool before trying to steal fish from a guy that was using a keep net.

shanksi

jimmyw

Fishing a pool in the Avon Gorge this little bugger popped up on the other side of me.
Picked up my camera and got one picture before he entered the pool below me.
A short while later he was back this time with dinner.
fishing is a way of life .

dseabass

stoatin photys ----   nae pun intended ---- but f## me they are almost unbelievable -- they must be gettin helluva brave -- good o them wee survivin feckers its no their fault   

Go To Front Page