News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

My Flys.

Started by piscatus absentis, March 03, 2007, 10:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

My fly tying ability and the quality of my flys may, I feel, be affected by my drinking habits.  But then, as long as I catch the odd fish and get a good night's sleep I'm not too worried.

So I set up a hook in the vice and ran on some thread and poured out a good half of whisky.  I caught in some silver ribbing and a tippet then added some dubbing and went back up to the head where I tied in a black hackle, wound it down the hook and secured it with the rib before tying in a natural game hackle.  As Kate Maclarens go it was only fair.

I poured another half, ran on some thread and followed up with the ribbing, tippet, dubbing, black hackle and game hackle procedure and considered another slightly better Kate Maclaren.  After another  half the third one looked much better.

I poured another tippet, threaded a dub, hackled a rib and blacked a game and soon had another Mackled Karen that looked perfect.  Thus encouraged I whisked another dub, halfed a game, kated a rib and tippexed a hackle to produce a lovely Cackled Man.

I ribbed another pour and stopped to check.  I had fifteen mankled kans and a natural hen was rising in a table that was floating in the garden.  Just to be sure I checked again and saw a table rising in a dub to twenty six  rankled macks. 

Then I went to bed and dreamed of rising hackles. 

Malcolm

Reminds me of something, Ah yes:

Twas brllig and the slithy toves doth gyre and gimble in the wabe...

Piscatus, Absolutely brilliant!

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Richy

:) :) :)

:D :D :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :biglaugh; :biglaugh; :biglaugh; :biglaugh;

:cheers; :cheers;................................equals.............. :bed; :bed;

Nice one Piscatus

Richy

Noddy

Been there PIscatus, too often and without tying flys!!!

scotfly

Very funny piscatus  :lol:

Any chance of a step by step.  :cheers;

lochstyle

Nice one PiSScatus sorry Piscatus!!
:lol: :lol:
Lochstyle

haresear

Excellent Piscatus. I've seen the movie and starred in it. :lol: :lol:

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Chief

:D :D :D :D :D Brilliant!! Piscatus. You should get that wee story published.

Go To Front Page