News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: New Setup
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 09:38:56 PM
Reorganised. After setting it all up and filling it the damn thing decided to leak again. Stripped it all down and set up my 30x12x15 tank, which I should have done in the first place, with all the contents of the 24 inch tank. I'll need to get a light for it though and that is the 24 inch cover that is on it at the moment.

20240517_174654.jpg
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Photo Period
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 09:29:02 PM
I started at 12 but algae became a problem so I reduced it to 10 hours and the algae is now a lot less. If you go to bed at 10pm then bring the lights on at 12:30pm and off at 10:30pm, no point in them going off before you go to bed :) I don't bother with changing the times for summer/winter it just means they go off half an hour later in the winter (or is it earlier, I can never figure that out in my head :) ).
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Neon Tetra Disease
Last post by Jon - Today at 05:23:33 PM
A bent spine is one potential symptom of NTD. But only one and it's usually one of the last to show.

Did it arrive like that? Lord knows that there are enough deformed fish in the hobby. Or has it developed over time?

What do the other fish look like? Can you spot any damage to the fins of bacterial like growth anywhere? If not it's probably just deformed.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Photo Period
Last post by Jon - Today at 05:20:50 PM
Start with 10 hours. If you notice excessive algae reduce.

No algal growth spotted will allow you to increase to 12 hours.

Ultimately you're trying to find the right balance of photo period, plant growth and fertiliser dosage whilst keeping the fish happy.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Photo Period
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 02:03:11 PM
How would you set up your tank lights?

Currently I have sunrise at 06.00 and sunset at 22.00 at each end the lights ramp up and down over an hour.

As these fish are equatorial or as near as damn it, might 12 hour cycles  be more appropriate or am I over complicating it?  :D
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 08:22:22 AM
I know nothing about that disease but your photos look like some sort of spinal deformity and not a lot like this.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/neon-tetra-disease
Last post by SoldierPmr - Yesterday at 11:46:24 PM
I think it can affect other tetras. I don't know too much about it. Apart that you can't treat it and it stays in the tank until it's been dried out.
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 11:12:36 PM
Does not look good. Does the disease affect other fish?
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Fish Tank One Of N
Last post by SoldierPmr - Yesterday at 11:08:01 PM
That's looking good Fred
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Neon Tetra Disease
Last post by SoldierPmr - Yesterday at 10:54:48 PM
Just spotted this sore lump on one of the Neons. With the shape of the fish and the sore could it be NTD?
IMG_1024.jpg
IMG_1023.jpg
Go To Front Page