News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Prawn curry but you can use other fish

Started by desmondo, January 21, 2014, 05:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmondo

As always this is simple, quick & tasty.

For 2-3 but again can be increased or decreased. If you want vegetarian just leave out the prawns.

Ingredients:

1 onion
Half butternut squash (use the other half for a soup)
2 medium potatoes
1 medium or 2 small apples, skinned & cored
1 tsp of your favourite curry paste
1/2 tsp of turmeric
10 - 20 frozen prawns depending on size & your tummy
2 cloves garlic
400 ml stock or water
Thumb of fresh ginger or 1 tsp of powdered if that's all you have.
A handful raisins/sultanas to taste
Low fat creme-fraiche

Half and then quarter your onion, you want largish slices, fry gently in oil for 5 minutes or so.
Chop your squash and potatoes into similar sized cubes and add to the onions.
Do likewise with your apple. Chop the garlic finely and however you like your ginger, we like to taste it so large pieces for us, and add to the mix.
Mix all together to be coated in the oil. Then add in your curry paste & turmeric and again give it all a good stir.
I grate in half a chicken stock cube then add 400ml of water. If you want to water only will suffice.
Throw the raisins into the mix.
I season with salt & pepper at this stage but will almost certainly do so again at the end. The golden rule of seasoning, you can add but you cannot take away.
That's it, bring it to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes. At this stage I add the raw prawns. If using pre cooked prawns add these at the end so that they don't go rubbery. Give it a good stir and simmer for another 10 minutes. At this stage taste and season if required.
I like to let the curry rest for the flavours to mingle then reheat gently. I add creme fraiche (I know I add it to everything), when serving and I either have a nan or plain rice with it.
Simple, enjoy.

Go To Front Page