News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Andy Murray of Hardy's - Clinic visits the Earn

Started by Clan Ford, September 07, 2007, 10:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Ford

Hope I've posted in the correct place.

QuoteSunday 16 Sep ? Casting Clinic with Andy Murray

Once again renown casting instructor and Tweed Guide, Andy Murray, will be coming to give casting demonstrations with a selection of Hardy?s Trout and Salmon tackle. Andy will also give individual tips and personal instruction. The clinic is FREE and will take place at Dornoch between 10-4 on Sun 16th Sep. Every-one is welcome; members and non-members alike.  Light refreshments will be available at no cost on a first come, first served basis.  This is an excellent opportunity to gain some inspiration and personal tuition from one of Scotland?s finest casters.  Do try and come along. You won?t be disappointed.

I've lifted the above from my Angling Club's web site.  Thought it might be of interest to some on here.  Hardys rep Andy Murray pitches up with some gear for you to try (and him to sell) and will give you the benefit of his expertise while your testing out the gear.  It really is a good chance to get some free tution from one of the "Angling Names".  Dornoch, is located on the Earn at Strageath Mill / Farm on the back road between Crieff and Muthill.  Its a Sunday so your not allowed to catch any Salmon or Seatrout but if you go five minutes up stream to Temple Mill there is a good chance of a nice Grayling or Trout.

Norm

Clan Ford

Not heard that Feroxhunter but I might be wrong I was just going on how the event has run in the past.  Maybe the emphasis is now on the casting and less on the tackle :D

Norm

Highlander

Not that it makes any difference but Mr Murray has a website (in progress) that speaks in the past tense that he worked for Hardy's of Pall Mall so I guess that ferroxhunter was right. Maybe he still was with Hardy  September.
Tight lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page