News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Is that  an unsubtle hint Jim?   :lol:

Wildfisher

Those above are dead easy and very quick to tie - not sure if they are the best or not, but they catch fish.  I'm pretty sure that bit of foam sticking out the back is just going to be a decoration and probably not needed. It will likely come off after a few fish.  For me the essential of any fly is it must be quick to tie with no faffing about and preferably be zero maintenance when fished.   I'll try to do a quick SBS. 

Wildfisher

Here's another tying this time on a long shank hook in order to get the body length without the sticky-out detached bit at the back. This is even easier to tie.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

corsican dave

i reckon that one's coming to spain with me and colin (shad) in october.... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]
Foam Caterpillar

Size 16 Kamasan B400 light wire hook.

Something to try when all else fails?   :lol:

(for advanced tiers only)

east wind

I like it, had me brushing my shoulder straight away.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

In NZ they use something similar in yellow for willow grubs with great success.

Problem with these flies  is that even although they are unsinkable they are pretty much impossible to see at any distance as they lie right in the surface film. I'd fish that on a dropper with a visible dry on the tail. That way even if I couldn't see it I'd know where it was. Do they catch? Nae idea, but if you don't try you'll never know.  :D

Fishtales

Under overhanging Oak, Birch or Sycamore should get some action with that Fred. The trees are usually full of caterpillars at this time of year. They hang down on silk threads and end up floating on the surface.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

What colour and size are they Sandy?

Go To Front Page