News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

You are outrageous Dave  :lol: Her mum and dad will be telling her 'get to sleep now before uncle Dave comes to cut up your pony and dolly's hair with his big bad scissors ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor wean!

rannoch raider

Quote from: bibio1 on January 24, 2016, 10:11:24 PM
I am going to give it a go on islay, where I'm told there are some good spots on the north of the island.

I will call Toby at funky tomorrow and get a small selection of stuff. I can see  another addiction taking hold.

I camped at Kilchonan and Kintra a couple of years ago. The west coast of Islay has some stunning beaches that just scream out bass. unfortunately I never had a chance to fish them. You really don't need to spend much to make a few of these clousers. They would be the first choice of almost every bass fisher in the UK and are very easy to make with bucktail. Even if you restricted yourself to chartreuse and olive over white you would still be very well equipped for bass.

shad

Cheers for the ideas Jim,I will try some of that Halo stuff,I have plenty of the Unique hair it's been around a while.It works better on bigger flies though, theres a fly called Juros deep eel which is basically a unique hair clouser, with some mirage flash.Ive caught hundreds of Striped Bass on Cape Cod with it,in fact it's all I use there.

Back to the pink thing though,I might try dying some bleached calf tails as I've read thats about as close as I'll get without really pissing of a polar bear.

troutmaddave

[attachimg=1]
Another classic salmon fly. This one is a Durham Ranger. A few faults on this one but overall I'm pretty happy with it. Tying a few up at the moment as the season starts in a few days on the first of February.

Bobfly

That's a beauty !!  You should be making fly brooches and selling them.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

rannoch raider

Very nice Dave, almost a shame to put that in the water ! :shock:

troutmaddave

I do tie to order if it's ok to say that here. I have a few patterns dialed. I practice at the vice every moment I can. Practice makes perfect!! Thanks for the great feedback guys. I like it here!!

Lochan_load

Beautifully done and I have to say I'd definately give it a swim, be a shame not to!

bibio1

That is a lovely fly and a dying art. Keep it up. I'd you want any mawcaw pm me you address. It's not the best but I don't use it.

corsican dave

very nice Dave! :D great photo, too  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page