News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

You'll probably find in about a week you'll need to trim them both, they tend to fan out a bit when you leave them. They've come out really well, one thing I do is start from the eye and always have the scissors towards the tail, means you keep the taper going back the way, if you try it you'll see what I mean. I've got some to do but putting it off, tying them off and trimming them is a bit fiddly

Clan Chief

yeah I start trimming from the front but as I go along its just hit or miss as it gets messy. It's just luck if it turns out ok. I think I will trim that 2nd head down and hopefully not ruin it.

Lochan_load

Leggy claret bumble
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Couple of hares ears 10&12[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Clan Chief

Hope I'm not boring you lads. Here my latest flees. Thats me done meddling with muddlers for now. I'm looking forward to using them on the Uists and Benbecula

rannoch raider

Beautiful flies never bore anyone ! There are some real crackers going up at the moment. Those bumbles and muddlers are superb! :-)

Robbie

Cracking flies guys. Given me the kick up the arse I needed to spend some time at the vice. Never really been one for muddlers but thought I'd give a few a go aswell.

Lochan_load

Superb Robbie, would like to get some orange and red deer hair

Robbie

Cheers Andy. To be fair the photo seems to have enhanced the appearance of the red, in the flesh it is more of a rich pink. The risk of ordering materials online. Was considering dyeing some deer hair myself, but suspect there may be issues with it falling apart.

Go To Front Page