News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Great stuff Robbie there will be no stopping you now. I especially like the orange muddler. I hadn't tied for a while either but with the EOSS looming I started once again, really enjoying being back at the vice again. I'm gonna bring the vice and some materials etc to the Stravaig. Be great to sit at night at what appears to be a big table at the hostel and tie a few flees whilst enjoying a wee drappy!

Robbie

Yeah The impending EOSS has added to the incentive. Taken some tying stuff along sounds like a grand idea.

Had a bit of a play with a sedge hog using claret straggle fritz, quite taken with the effect.

Clan Chief

Nice! Good idea! very leggy!

Lochan_load

Looks really good, still to do some sedgehogs. I've only dyed deer hair once but it didn't go well, the colour took great but it dried out the hair and it lost all its buoyancy, not sure if there's a specific way to do it

bibio1

Looks like.the eoss it getting everyone revved up....grt flees. Love the.muddlers.

corsican dave

thinking ahead to warmer climes, here's a POP poly-yarn bread fly. your 5-year old could tie these  :8)
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Noted Andy, heather fly...need to think of a way to do a detached daddy
[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Tied another few. I was going to tie more Muddlers but changed my mind mid tying. Instead of going ahead with the deer hair head I thought red and black collar hackles would do.

My variation of the goats toe. Tied a blue hen hackle behing the blue peacock. Red hackle fibres for tail . Peacock body ribbed with red wire.

Right! That's enough tying for now, I'm off out on the bike , gotta keep the fitness up for the Stravaig!

Robbie

Not the best photo, but it gets the idea across. Previously used dyed black pheasant tail for the legs but thought I'd try something a bit more robust this time.

Lochan_load

Go To Front Page