News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Yeah that's dyed blue partridge. I got a bag of it from Cookshill a while back

Lochan_load

rannoch raider

Nice ! Love the Connemara Black .

Billy

Quote from: Clan Chief on August 31, 2016, 11:16:08 PM
Was reading through "Tales from the angler"s retreat" (fishing stories from South Uist) and saw mentioned, The Connemara Black Bumble. I thought I better tye a couple!

I was talking to one of the guys who did a story for Billy Feltons book. He was staying on the caravan site at Liniclate for about 10 weeks and then was going back later in the season.
Peter taught Billy's sons at school down south and that,s how he got to know about the Uists and the fishing.

I really need to get more into tying when i see some of the flies you guys turn out. I like that Connemara Black.

Billy

Lochan_load

Just an update on the bronze mallard I bought on eBay, £5 delivered for 28 feathers. Got an Email to say it'd been posted within a couple of hours and it arrived next day (today) feathers seem decent too! Excellent service, was going to post up a link but he's out of stock  :roll: ill stick one up when he's got more

rannoch raider

First Bumble off the vice for a while. Fingers crossed I get a chance to use a few on Uist. Better get busy!

Tweed

You're bumbles look like my blue zulu's  :wink: :lol:  Either way, cracking fly.  And a lovely tie too by the way.

rannoch raider

Yeah, There's not much difference really is there! Just the dyed Guinea Fowl . I think that blue Guinea means you get to call it a 'Bumble' :-). I doubt if the fish will care much :-)

Lochan_load

This could be a thread all itself 'when is a bumble not a bumble?'  :lol:
Here's a wee mini lure type for the sea trout lochs[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Neat blue Zulu.
Like your mini lure type thingy, Andy.

Go To Front Page