News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Quote from: admin on May 21, 2017, 10:33:59 PM
Some of those "dry fly" hooks are too fine. I want to tie a fly I can use here and in New Zealand. Partridge are the worst I have seen. You would not have to be Uri Geller to bend those I can tell you.

Absolutely. I like medium wire for flies. Losing fish to a straightened hook is so annoying so fine wire is something I avoid.
Protect the edge.

loch coulter

Quote from: rannoch raider on May 21, 2017, 10:18:00 PM
Still trying to get into the way of doing these small Comparaduns.......
[attachimg=1]
perfect :8)

scoobyscott

scoobyscott

Tried some snow shoe duns tonight. Will take a bit practise with the ssh. Any pointers on the wing welcome
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

There's a Bob Wyatt vid on you tube in which he ties a Snowshoe Dun. That's sure to be worth a look.

burnie

I often used forged hooks designed for coarse fish, primarily because I've got some, they'll never bend. Often wondered why there seems to be way more variations for both sea and coarse fishing than there seems to be for flies.

rannoch raider

Gradually building a river box. A few more from today.....

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Lochan_load

Can't see the images unfortunately Jim

corsican dave

very nice Jim. any number of species would go for those. what's the yellow on the body? a thread base?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

It's dyed Turkey biots Dave. they come in all sorts of colours. They can be a wee bit brittle but they're easier to manage than stripped peacock quills.

Go To Front Page