News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Excellent, like that variant too. Making a conscious decision to try one next month!

rannoch raider

Very nice Job Pete. There is another variant that has a 'stiffish' black cock hackle tied in before the peacock. The idea is that it provides a little bit of support for the softer peacock and helps provide more movement. I've no idea which one is best but it is a fly that I've had one or two on. I dare say Roobarb has seen them all fished regularly. You can't really go to the islands without one !

pedropete

thanks for that Rannoch, yeah i can see how the addition of a hackle will help, there is a chartreuse var too but I'm gonna have to hit the wool shop again..I'm happy to add to this box as and when.andy, go for it mate, I'm just jealous, ill be foaming at the mouth by the time I get the bloody things wet.

Lochan_load

If anyone's tying a few goats toes you can get the neck feathers on eBay 3 quid for 50 of them delivered. I've bought these, good quality and packed flat so they're not all twisted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371825906038

pedropete

brilliant mate cheers for the link.. :D

rannoch raider

It's 'daddy' time .....................

[attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

Loving that daddy, going to knock a few up I think

Laxdale

Quote from: pedropete on August 08, 2017, 12:36:02 PM
not a pattern I've tied or fished before but they are going into the new box, original and McPhail var.
I have had a few grilse on them this year. But shorter hackle and not so much of it. And no JC.
For all flies of that sort, I cut the tail right down to just a tiny hot spot.
It is one of my go to flies when there is no wave to work a muddler properly.

pedropete

thanks, laxdale,  I have zero experience fishing or tying this pattern yet so I'm at the mercy of whats out there already.. since I've posted i have had some interesting vars suggested so we shall see what happens .

Clan Chief

Daddie Cool!

Another one of these muddlers! Not sure if they would last long if the troot take an interest in them as the wing is rather flimsy! It just two hackles from an old cape tied in with the curved face of the feather facing into one another.
Fun to tie though!

Go To Front Page