News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

That's me done for today!

bibio1

One for stickleback feeders and a simple claret hog.

bibio1

Stickleback........they were going hard at them last year.

Robbie

Yet another muddler.

[attachimg=1]

bibio1

Nice one.......uf I remember yellow was the colour last year

Lochan_load

hoping for more stickleback feeders this year Paul! Lovely flies folks

Robbie

Paul, think you right. I was just trying to come up with a use for a chartreuse grizzled hackle. Both those stickle back flies look the business. Second one looks quite similar to one of Mr McPhail's pattern but with a little extra flash.

I have been meaning to look back at a magazine I had kicking about somewhere with an Icelandic stickle back fly I wanted to give a go.

Clan Chief

All great patterns guys! Did you dye the deer hair Robbie?

Here's a couple of Kate McLarens! One on the left tied with a black hen body hackle. I much prefer that as it offers more movement in the water!

Robbie

Didn't dye the deer hair myself. However, at an Orvis tying evening a couple of months ago I was assured that it really no different to dying capes. Apparently just need to be really careful with temperature. Might give it a go over winter.

Both those Kate's are very nice.

Lochan_load

It got  kinda frazzled the time I did it but maybe it was too hot, also thought what Pete said in the dying thread about using glycerine to stop the skin in capes drying out might also be a good idea with deer hair, I'll give it a go at some point. Allan I've been using hen to palmer my wets and particularly muddlers more and more, like you say more movement.

Go To Front Page