News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Nice one Billy. There's been a lot of mayfly patterns popping up lately. Looks like there could be a few attacks on the cards soon? :wink:

pedropete

that's tidy billy, got to work!! nice profile.

Robbie

Having a play with Pheasant skin I picked up at the fly fair:

[attachimg=1]

pedropete

oh yea..nice one Robbie, i like flashy bodies on my weets..not a huge fan of that pattern of hook but i dare say it will do the job admirably.

Robbie

Cheers Pete, I've been using the FM barbless hooks for a few years now always found them to be very good, strong, good hook set and seem to hold fish well. What don't you like about them?

pedropete

I'm glad to hear it, Robbie, i have a Cpl hundred i bought, its nothing rational, maybe i just have to fish them more to gain confidence..I'm sure they are perfectly good hooks. just me being daft.

Robbie

I always Debarb my hooks or use barbless hooks so that part is not an issue for me. I did initially wonder about the slightly reduced gap due to the upturned point, but have not had any (noticeable) issues with this.

Lochan_load

I always tie my wets on barbed hooks and my dries on barbless, no real reason other than I think they look better  :roll: never have any problems losing fish on barbless/debarbed though.
Another for the point.....[attachimg=1]

Robbie

That is a cracker! Lovely tying.

pedropete

very tasty andy, can see that on a cast soon!!

Go To Front Page