News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Cheers lads. Trying to to have different options in the box. Hares ear wet #12
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Lovely tying again guys. Very nice indeed.

Robbie

Very nice again Andy, may have tie a few up myself.

Today I have mainly been tying Deer Hair Sedge. Quick, simple and hopefully deadly....

[attachimg=1]

pedropete

oh lovley stuff..what kinda hair have you used for the wings? a fine addition to the flee box Robbie.

Robbie

Used Elk hair for the wings, Fred recommended this to me some time ago.

bibio1

I'm going on a trip where the main flies are skating sedges that are green. The scruffier the better.

bibio1

More green caddie but not for skating

rannoch raider

Smashing fishy looking selection there guys. I used a heavily dressed and really big Elk Hair Sedge as a sighter / indicator a few times last year. I was quite surprised how many fish took it !
I'll see if I can dig it for a piccy. It's a really unlikely looking thing  :shock:.

Highlander

Looks like a few of us are looking to fish dusk/night . Not a bad idea, evening is when the big boys come out to play  :roll:
Paul I have used sedge for oh 50+ years but other than a female Grannom with it's green egg sac I have never seen/used a green bodied one I take it you have had success on these. Having said that & this applies to night I believe size & shape are more important than colour.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lochan_load

Think Paul's flies are for foreign shores alan but they'd do just fine in Caithness too.
That skater would do alright as a stonefly imitation on the Clyde, there was loads yesterday but only saw one get hit, looked a good fish though.

Go To Front Page