News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

I haven't used wing slip  wets in years. Not sure what they represent. The one I still have confidence in is the silver invicta.

Great tying

Clan Chief

Tonight I was inspired by the water of life!

pedropete

cracking allan, and that spool of gold....got any more ?

Clan Chief

I had a try at the Grey Monkey. Taking the idea from John Stewarts Book Davie McPhails video and some online images.

Robbie

Finally managed to grab a few minutes on the vice today. No specific plans just trying a couple of things that have grabbed my attention recently. Sort of one extreme to the other

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Clan Chief

Whats the Big Beastie Robbie? Where do you intend using that?

Clan Chief

I had a go at another Grey Monkey and three Clyde night flies as referenced in the Anglers book of the Clyde by James Milne

Lochan_load

More good stuff Allan, your box must be bursting!

You really covered the bases with those two robbie  :lol: both look good. Is that a mouse pattern? What did you use for the tail? I've got some to do

Robbie

Big  thing is a mouse pattern the Master Splinter. Had heard it can work on rivers and lochs for trout, apparently pike will also have a go.

The tail is a narrow zonker strip with most of the hair pulled out.

fergie

Would i be able to purchase one or two of those mouse pattern master splinters. :?:
I have plans to fish a shallow weedy loch next season and looking for a decent surface lure. The mouse patterns for sale on eBay look like too much effort has went into making a replica mouse with eyes and mouth whiskers etc. I just want something that will make a wake with a tail.

Go To Front Page