News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_M

I can see what scotfly means, and although I like the glister, it looks much better on the olive version for some reason. Only my opinion though.
Ian

Clan Ford

Can't beat a bit sparkle :8)

Norm

garryh

having seen the effectiveness of the brown one i am tying them up right now :8)

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

.D.

I think these wire flies might sometimes pass for spent egg laying Baetis spinners. I don't think a little bit of sparkle is too out of place as a catchlight in that context - the wings can show a bit of sparkle. Maybe you should try some with pearly mylar dubbing too for the live ones  - to simulate the trapped air .

paulr

I really like that body Col, with the dubbing poking out between the wire. Is it mole?
What is the thinking in tying the glister at the head of the fly?I think it's more aesthetically pleasing to have it behind the hackle.
cheers
Paul

.D.

Quote from: col on May 26, 2009, 05:16:35 PM
Heres one with a bit pearl for the head,
[attachimg=1]
I will gives all these "glister"  flies a good trial down the river when i get a chance and let you know how they get on, the brown/peacock glister managed a few  fish lastnight, definitely no substitute for the real peacock herl , but it does offer another option in the flybox. Its catching my eye just now as the rivers  carrying a wee  bit more colour at the moment after last weeks rain.

Col

Like it :). The mole may well trap some air too - must try it. The one I've used has  pearl Ice Dub mixed in with a wee bit of hare behind a very spare partridge hackle - and copper brown UTC wire. I doubt if it makes much difference which side of the hackle the dubbing / head is - it may pass for part of the thorax either way?

.D.

Wildfisher

The Klinkhopper Special ......... :D

This is a BIG fly .... Partridge 15BN size 12

[attachimg=1]

Clansman

Tied a few of these tonight

Clansman

Quote from: Bandy Catcher on June 01, 2009, 12:56:44 PM
That's an unusual pattern, Clansman. Is it a 'known' pattern or just one made up by yourself?

John

Bandy

It is my attempt at a caddis emerger which is on peatymann site

Clansman

Go To Front Page