News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

That look very buggy, sure the fish will find it irresistable  :fish;

Robbie

Crawhin

Very nice Buzz - like that. Sure the troots will too.

Ian

Clan Ford

Don't think we have a tube fly on this thread yet, so as I was tying up some of last nights successful lure, thought I'd
give yo a peek.

[attachimg=1]

Its a half inch aluminium tube, artic fox tail wing with a bit flash, black hen hackle and a bit jungle cock.

Norm

Crawhin

Looks like you're filling a box for a trip John?? Where you off to then? Eitherb that or it's a clear-oot. Nice emergers BTW.

Cheers.

Ian

Crawhin

Aha ! Hope you have a good one John - me I'm on the count down to another trip to N Sutherland in 3 weeks.

Like that one Col - gonna tie up a few variants for gloaming sessions in the far north.

Cheers,

Ian 

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bandy Catcher on June 27, 2009, 01:09:33 PM
WHB - I tried your tying for the Ronald.  It's probably not right, but it'll catch fish for sure.

Disappointing John, that's got a lot of Peter Ross in it.............................. :tongue2

Black-Don

Can't get out fishing so tied up a few of these.

Wildfisher

Cracking  flees Donald, your tying really has come on leaps and bounds.

Black-Don

Quote from: admin on June 27, 2009, 05:25:21 PM
Cracking  flees Donald, your tying really has come on leaps and bounds.

Thanks Fred. Better tools and materials play their part with a bit of practice thrown in. Still plenty of room for improvement though.

Quote from: Bandy Catcher on June 11, 2009, 12:46:14 AM
Thanks Don

I'll be tying some of them too. If you show me yours then I'll show you mine.  :shock: :lol:

John

Merkister Maid. ( some material variations )

Varies from the original pattern in that I had to use what I had but kindof the same. Not up to the standards of the originator but it was a first attempt. The tail could've been a bit shorter. Di 7 and work the flee well. Apparently these sometimes get fished four at a time with very good results  :shock: .

Clan Ford

Still hoping that I might come across a few more sea trout...

[attachimg=1]
A Snake Fly.

Norm

Go To Front Page