News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

another spider...........

peacock herl dyed magneta according to the packet
once again waterhen body hackle this time in proportion.

Clansman

Having been to BFFI on Sunday, I puchased Mike Hardings book on North Country Flies. Here's my attemp at an Orange & Grouse Spider.

muddler54

a wee buggy bibio wi partridge hackle..... mick
[attachimg=1]

Malcolm

Quote from: guest on November 10, 2009, 12:52:35 AM
I tied these a couple of days ago. Had to use the mobile so please forgive me for the picture quality.

Don't know if they'll work but worth a try I guess.  :?

Are these Roman Moser patterns Don? Well tied!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Ford

Quote from: muddler54 on November 10, 2009, 10:44:10 PM
a wee buggy bibio wi partridge hackle.... mick

Brilliantly Shaggy :8)

Norm

Black-Don

Quote from: Malcolm on November 10, 2009, 10:51:47 PM
Are these Roman Moser patterns Don? Well tied!

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your comment. The one on the right was based on a Peter Gathercole deer hair pattern in his "fly tying bible" it looks nothing like the original though  :). The second I just kind of made up to imitate a small baitfish. I leaded it and used dumbell eyes to create a fast sinker which will fish with a particular action. I'd heard of Roman Moser but never seen any of his stuff. I did base the patterns on features from other flies and lures I've seen though.

Malcolm

Don,

Roman Moser did a whole series of streamer patterns - I've eventually found them here http://www.romanmoser.ru/stepbystep/?sid=42

Look at 30,31 and 50. They're not the same but I can see why your flies triggered the memory.

I hate tying flies like yours - they take too long to tie (i.e. > 2 mins) for my liking!   
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Black-Don

Quote from: Malcolm on November 10, 2009, 11:45:19 PM
Don,

Roman Moser did a whole series of streamer patterns - I've eventually found them here http://www.romanmoser.ru/stepbystep/?sid=42

Look at 30,31 and 50. They're not the same but I can see why your flies triggered the memory.

I hate tying flies like yours - they take too long to tie (i.e. > 2 mins) for my liking!    

They both took an hour each, so not the kind of flies I'll be tying on a regular basis  :shock:.I think they'll do a job though. Maybe tying them with the kind of straggle fritz type materials would cut down on time ? I tied in the eyes on the left one as I went along but maybe the tie in first method is a better idea. I like no.40 from the link http://www.romanmoser.ru/stepbystep/?sid=42&id=202  :wink:

muddler54

my diawl bach wi go faster stripes....
    i seem to spend longer getting the picture right than
      the time to tie it
       how do get the pic sent big sized?..... mick
[attachimg=1]

Clansman

Nice flee there muddler

Here's more North Country Spiders

Go To Front Page