News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

I'm definitely not in an arachnophobic state of mind...........

paulr

Been thinking about the lochs tonight.Some of those dodgy Corrie Killer flees  :wink:, and some black joe/machair spider/pulling buzzer type flees.

Harpo

Very nice Pul, I've only manged a dodgy looking Spider and ok'ish Nymph....man flus hit me hard today though :(

paulr

Get well soon Stu. Some of my most productive tying sessions are when I'm stuck in the house with man flu.

paulr

Hi Wildhibroon,
Yep I've had some excellent days on hill lochs with those flees.I've tied up a couple with a bit of flash in them too, will see how they do next season.

cheers

Paul

Clan Chief

Was in the process of tying a Kate when I came across an Orange Indian hen cape I hadn't used in a while. This was the result........

haresear

Turk's Zulu eh?  I am disappointed that you have interfered with the dressing of such a renowned and traditional pattern as the Tarantula :)

Looks good Col. Legs are lovely as far as trout are concerned, or so it seems.

Talking of legs, it was my old kiwi pal who introduced me to a product known as "perfect rubber". Any old rubber will do for big flies, but for wee ones, perfect rubber works pretty well. You pull it slowly and it stretches , but stays thin, so you get skinny legs. G.A.C. sells the stuff now at 2.99 a pack.

It won't catch anyone any more fish of course, but it will give you an excuse to go to GAC and buy a whole load of other useless stuff. :D

Alex

Protect the edge.

scotty9

A couple more from my practice sessions

Thanks Col!  :D Like the look of these, fun to tie, who knows if they'll catch me anything  :lol:

Something a bit better sized

One thing i've noticed from the pictures is that i've been tying the deer hair wings a bit long. Any other advice?

scotty9

Thanks Col! Yes it's just bog standard white polypropylene...

I don't know where i'd be without everybodies ideas on here and on other forums so thanks for the effort of everyones step by steps!

paulr

Bloody hell Scott, wish I could tie with deer hair as well as that-sickening! :makefun

I've been mucking about with an idea I saw on Scotfly's forum, using foam wings as the post on parachute flies.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Probably totally pointless as I doubt the fish give a shit what the part of the fly above the surface looks like, but I'm having fun experimenting.

Go To Front Page