News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweed

Quote from: paulr on January 15, 2010, 05:26:52 PM

Here's my (lazy) take on the turks tarantula:

Hardly lazy Mr. R.  Time-efficient, yes.   Ingenious, definitely.  Effective . . . . can't wait to find out . . .

Ta again for the tips - first attempts attached.

paulr

Gawn yersel Andrew. They look great. Really like the sort of camo coloured legs.
cheers
Paul

Clan Chief

Great looking flees there Tweed will have to have a go at them.
Here is another go at the Klink. Better this time. Although I didn't manage to the GAC today for the recommended hooks. Found some buzzer hooks in my boxes and used them.

Tweed

Cracker CC.  Really interesting to see the evolution through your earlier posts - shows what a wee bit of good advice, and practice, can produce.  I really like the look of that last one.  I'm no rivers man myself, but certainly looks the biz to my untrained eye.

Harpo

The leggy beasts are fine Andrew, fine Klink as well Clan Chief

Clan Chief

Yeah! This was a classic example of how this forum works. I feel I was getting better after getting the advice etc form fellow Forumites.

bibio1

Clan ,

the klinks look great. I know alot of forum members use kamasan for the klinks but I use tiemco. I don't like the offset point as I tend to think they turn the flee into a wee helicopter and they are a duller colour. GAC sells them as well.

keep them coming.

paul

bibio1

Wee Bri,

I have used these hooks before and I liked them. I have caught fish to around 3lb on them. They are not offset either and they are also good for klinks. Only critisim is that the boddy of the fly sits well below the surface but sometimes this is good.

I'l try to post a few patterns later.

regards

Paul

bibio1

Wee Bri,

I looked out the tiemco hooks I used and I have used the 206 instead of the 212. The hooks are black but I like them and even though they are fine they do hold fish. The pattern attached is an orange elk hair emerger and it theeeeeeee best spinner pattern I use. Even though the dubbing looks yellow in parts it turns deep ruby orange when wet.

I also intend to fish more emerger nymphs this year so I have copied the pattern on Davie Mcphails site.

Cheers

paul

Clan Chief

Went to GAC tonight for some stuff then I suddenly remembered to get hooks but forgot what was recommended to me on the forum. I got some though I got Partridge Klinkhammer hooks in a size 16 which actually look like a normall size 12 I think. Anyway I tied this tonight before going out I will post one tomorrow with the new hooks I purchased...........

Go To Front Page