News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Quote from: Clan Chief on January 22, 2010, 12:48:31 AM
Went to GAC tonight for some stuff then I suddenly remembered to get hooks but forgot what was recommended to me on the forum. I got some though I got Partridge Klinkhammer hooks in a size 16 which actually look like a normall size 12 I think. Anyway I tied this tonight before going out I will post one tomorrow with the new hooks I purchased...........

Aye Clan Chief, the Partridge hooks have their very own scale :roll:

Like you say, a Partridge 16 is about a normal 12. Your klink should do very well for March Browns.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Chief

Ive never fished klinks before. Anyone advise on their use.

haresear

Quote from: Clan Chief on January 22, 2010, 01:02:18 AM
Ive never fished klinks before. Anyone advise on their use.

I use them on rivers a lot, but I'm sure that size and pattern will catch fish at Hillend for you, especially at mayfly time.

I have to confess that's the first time I've visited your blog, CC :oops:. Yeah, I like it. Good job :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

Limited experience but I've only found klinks to work on the lochs when it goes flat calm. Not a touch when there's a ripple on the water. Only used them a few times this season and flat calm was when they did the catching.

Flies look great CC and Paul. Need to get myself tying again.

Malcolm

I've been intending to give the Klink further trials. Haven't had a great deal of success with it so far.

Perhaps we need to rename it for use in Scottish waters, Some mixture of the best of Scottish with a bit of Dutch. How about the Peter Van Dross.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Chief

Having trouble trying to post an upload a pic

haresear

Quote from: Clan Chief on January 22, 2010, 11:35:48 PM
Having trouble trying to post an upload a pic

Thanks Clan Chief. Lots of technical problems involving the server (far too techy for me) at the moment but the good news is Fred is on the case :D Hopefully normal service will resume within a few days.

Alex
Protect the edge.

bibio1

Clan

I have used klinks on hillend a lot especially when the green drakes are coming off. I'll look out my mayflys patterns and see if I can post a few. They are well worth the effort.

Paul

zeolite

Well I got my vice out and tied some flies last night. Hooray!

Some big pearly ribbed black pennels and bloody butchers for sea trout.
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

Clan Chief

As  I mentioned on Thursday night. Here is a pic of my klink tied with a partridge klink hook. Think i prefer the profile of the B100's. Might track down some Tiemco hooks

Go To Front Page