News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deergravy

Rubber-legged DHEs and Sedgehogs.
The hares ear / brown legs hog has become my standard search-pattern dry for hill lochs, looking forward to trying the dark claret one on those Sutherland fish in a couple of weeks

scotty9

I like them Dave! Another one for my box!

deergravy

Cheers, Scott

I meant DHSedges, by the way, you probably worked that out.
Hmmm, rubber-legged DHEs ... :think2

Tweed

Lovely lookin' flees Dave.  Very fishy looking.   There're a few spaces in my dry box needing filled and those look just the patterns to do it - thanks for sharing :)

Andrew

deergravy

Quote from: Ardbeg on May 25, 2010, 02:37:37 AM
Dave, I tied up a claret DHE with a couple of knotted pheasant tail legs a couple of years back.
The troot went daft for it come heather flee time, also the legs, swept back by the way, seemed to act as flights/stabiliser on the DHE.  I've meant to go back to that one again.

Cheers

Ardbeg

Yeah, I like the sound of that! :)
A new variant to get stuck into - I'll get on the case!
Should be good for mayfly imitations, too. (Hope I'm not too early this year)

paulr

Been tying up Balloon Caddis Emergers tonight, most of them are for Scott as the heather around Loch Dochard claimed his original supply  :wink:

River Chatter

Thanks for the inspiration guys - great flies.  I'll be tying some rubber leg thingies up soon and will probably do something along he lines of your balloon caddis emergers too Paul.  Anyone care to recommend a good dry mayfly pattern?

deergravy

Hi John
A bit predictable, maybe, but;
#10 Deerhair emerger, light olive/hare fur mix for the body, decent chunk of deer hair for the wing. Certainly does the business up north.

Clan Ford

Thinking of the summer and Mediterranean Mullet, here a bakers dozen of Bread Flies.

[attachimg=1]

Made from Ramer Sponge, widely availbale from boots :D

Norm

paulr

Brilliant Norm  :D
I'll be fishing in the med at the end of June, need to "tie" some of those.
Also going to be after carp on the fly in Norfolk in July,they could come in handy then too.
cheers
Paul

Go To Front Page