News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

End of the month or first of July Bob, not entirely sure yet. John - absolutely, have to make sure I'm all stocked up!  :lol:

haresear

Quotehave to make sure I'm all stocked up!  Laughing

Wooly buggers Scott. Big ones :8)

Alex

Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

You'll have lots of time for fly tying Scott. It'll be the equivalent of JANUARY when you arrive.

Think southern  hemisphere

scotty9

I'll get onto wooly buggers soon, Fred I know - but I'm working on the proviso that I can't take any natural materials with me and I cannot be arsed buying stuff there, I want to be able to not have to tie flies!  :lol:

It's going to be weird, I've been desperate to fish and still trying to fish as much as possible before I go as it's back to winter, oh well :)

Robbie

Finally got round to using some of the Heron feather I found at Beanie earlier this month:

Robbie

bibio1

Robbie,

Lovely wee flee. A wee tip also. Try dying the heron yellow. It goes the best shade of olive possible. I search long and hard for my heron herl.

cheers

Paul

Robbie

Cheers Paul,  Problem i have just now is that I have a blue dun saddle that matches the Heron quite well but the hackle fibres are not long enough for tails.

Robbie

River Chatter

I use cheapo capes for tails cos ther's so few fibres a slight colour difference shouln't matter.

Harpo

Hi folks,

I hardly get to fish Lochs these days and tie flies for the still waters even less,
after reading about them in Trout & Salmon I got some "Angelinas Fusible fibres" from Hobby Craft in Aberdeen, apparently it makes the flies "light up like a light bulb" :?

Angelinas fibres - ?3.50 a box
[attachimg=1]

black snatcher using the blu/purple fibres - Thanks to Clan Chief for the SBS video on You Tube :8)
[attachimg=2]

Also found a pack of "premium" cdc feathers I had and again from T&S tied up these cdc snatcher things, apparently the fish love them as when you pull they sink and then bob back up

Olive cdc
[attachimg=3]

Orange & Olive
[attachimg=4]

and I also tied one of Col's wore Nymph/Spider patters - my most successfull sub surface lure (probably as it's the one I use the most :D)
[attachimg=5]

Still a lot of improvemets to be made with how I  tie but i'm hoping the fish don't mind!

Wildfisher

The summer's  pishing rain and gales have started.

This can only mean one thing.  

Yes, it's Corriekinloch time!

We head off up there on Saturday, I can hardly wait!  :D

A flock of Stimulators size 12 and 10. This dry fly  is hard to beat when the mayfly are on the northern lochs. The troots are suckers for it, even in flat calms.  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

See if you can spot the tying mistake on one fly.

Go To Front Page