News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

Sea-troot or salmon flies,the idea is I scoop them out with a net as they float by laughing at my efforts........

Robbie

Thanks for the kind comments gents.

I have never actually used a Clan Chief before but having seen it mentioned several time on this forum and he rivers and lochs database thought I should at least have a few in the fly box.

Nice looking flies Don.

Cheers,

Robbie

Tweed

Hadn't caught up on this thread for a while - inspirational stuff as always.

Love the crayfish Paul.  And that Clan Chief looks just irresistable - must knock a couple up tonight.

Have never got round to trying a sunburst Kate.  Do you do well on it Don?

Andrew

Malcolm

Quote from: burnie on August 11, 2010, 07:41:26 PM
Sea-troot or salmon flies,the idea is I scoop them out with a net as they float by laughing at my efforts........

They look great - wee small hours and sinking line I assume? Is it worth tying a couple with a size 16 double attached by strong nylon in case you get a lot of tail tweakers?
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

burnie

Quote from: Malcolm on August 12, 2010, 09:55:57 AM
They look great - wee small hours and sinking line I assume? Is it worth tying a couple with a size 16 double attached by strong nylon in case you get a lot of tail tweakers?

Thanks for that Malcolm,I've been told my tying thread is too thick and I'm not putting enough varnish on the heads,seemingly.

Clan Chief

That looks terriffic. well done. Aye those Davie Mc Phail vids are great. I have learned so much from them.

bibio1

I know Davy quite well and he is lucky if he makes a couple of quid a day on his site. A real shame as he is one of the best tyers in the world. The effort he put in to making the videos is unbelievable and would you believe it some complain. I just don't get it.

cheers

Paul

Kev1982

There's a post on one of his videos where a guy asks if its worth buying one of hid dvds that Glasgow Angling Centre is selling...."nah" he says "spend the money on materials"!!!

Top bloke!!

scotty9

Paul - that crayfish is exceptional! I look forward to seeing what happens when it passes the hungry nose of a trout...

I can only add to the comments of how good Davy's videos are, definitely the best collection of tying videos I have seen!

paulr

Hiya Scott,

I gave the crayfish a wee swim last week-and nothing happened! Perhaps it didn't pass the nose nose of any hungry trout. I will persevere though.
Hope NZ is treating you well.

cheers
Paul

Go To Front Page