News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Looks like the winter sport of tying is beginning to get going. Only 7 weeks till it begins in ernest.

Looking forward to Watten before the season ends so tying some watten hoppers and gg's

cheers

Paul

bibio1

forgot to attach photos :shock:

Clan Chief

Like the look of them Paul. I'm sure they will successful at Watten.  :)

bibio1

Cheers  it is deer hair although the back stuff I have is not very good.  The gg has been particularly good to me this year on watten,  leven and Hillend. As for the hoppers I have really taken a shine to fiery brown, even ahead of claret. Just waiting for some good claret Deer hair to get stuck into them.
cheers

paul

Black-Don

Tony, the mayfly was superb as are yours above B1

paulr

Heading to Caithness for the first time ever on Thursday  :8)
Been topping up my boxes with flies I hope may be useful.

Daddies

[attachimg=1]

Hogs

[attachimg=2]

Sedges and leggy sedges

[attachimg=3]

Heather flies

[attachimg=4]

and if I have to go subsurface....

[attachimg=5]

paulr

Cheers Tony,
If you pull the foam underneath after you have wrapped the hackle and tie the foam off at the eye,it means the hackle is forced up into a semi circle so it always lands the right way up.The polyyarn wing seems to reduce line twist but it's worth fishing them on heavier nylon than you'd usually use just in case.
cheers
Paul

whinging pom

nice klink-'ish' hammer Buzz

I take it thats pink on top ( it looks bleached out.... but thats probably my screen settings!) What type of hook is that?
In fact can we have a recipe please as i am having trouble seeing the thorax too.
I fact why not a step by step to see how you get that lovely hackle shape?

whinging pom

Quote from: buzz on August 31, 2010, 12:59:42 AM
Struggling for time WP to do a SBS just now.

I prefer to think of this fly as an emerge not a klink, its wee (unlike a klink), it does not have a peacock thorax (unlike a klink) and is not on a klink hook(unlike a klink :tongue2), did i tell you i am not fond of klinks :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.

Damn shame. seeing you doing an SBS is what I pay my licence fee for.

oh a rose by any other name......

As we dont get klinkhammers hatching on our stream, I have no idea, do they not emerge? Do they only apear with a peacock thorax? what exactly is it about them you dont like ( or is it that the are just a lazy choice).
(personally I dont like the hooks and that a size 16 would be a 12 in any other language).

I must try the UNI/17 and see if I can use it without tears now.
Aero wing ....oh you love to hate it..... and hate to love it, sometimes its just the best thing for the job and theres no getting round that.

Clan Chief

Smashing looking flies there. Nicely tied and sure to fool the fish.  :)

Go To Front Page