News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

Some lovely flees been posted lately. Great work guys.  :8)

Clan Ford

Brilliant Brian,

No self respecting grayling is going to ignore them.

Norm

Harpo

yowzers Brian :shock:, that's more flies than i've tied this year and that includes the swap !

They all look great

Cheers

Stuart

Clan Chief

A great selection of bugs there. Tied this tonight more tomorrow night.........

A Dirty Weeker......

dazdidge

After my miserable failure at the fly tying night I decided to put some practise into a black pennel and a variant (because I f*ck*d up the hackle) I didn't have the oval rib that is meant to be used so I twisted two pieces of very fine wire together and I quite like the outcome.

Wildfisher

I'm tying nymphs, nymphs and more nymphs. I'm stocking up the  box for New Zealand and also clearing out all the flies in that box (mainly horrible Czech nymphs) that  I've carried for years and never used.

The Bandy Man

Quote from: daz on December 05, 2010, 06:32:55 PM
After my miserable failure at the fly tying night I decided to put some practise into a black pennel and a variant (because I f*ck*d up the hackle) I didn't have the oval rib that is meant to be used so I twisted two pieces of very fine wire together and I quite like the outcome.

Aye Darren - fish catchers for sure, and that's what it's all about. I don't use oval ribs at all, I just use wire for all my ribbing. Is that a cock hackle you used for the pennel?

John

dazdidge

I think it was hen John, but it was from a "mixed" bag I received from a mate so not quite sure. It was quite  soft though and clumps together a wee bit when wet which I think suggests hen as opposed to cock.
I thought you had suggested using oval tinsel/wire for this? As you will be aware already I don't have the best memory so this morning is a wee bit hazy never mind two weeks ago :?
In my mind it is still a big improvement on the first attempt, and the second, and the third, and the.....................................

cheers
daz

The Bandy Man

Quote from: daz on December 05, 2010, 08:27:32 PM
I think it was hen John, but it was from a "mixed" bag I received from a mate so not quite sure. It was quite  soft though and clumps together a wee bit when wet which I think suggests hen as opposed to cock.
I thought you had suggested using oval tinsel/wire for this? As you will be aware already I don't have the best memory so this morning is a wee bit hazy never mind two weeks ago :?
In my mind it is still a big improvement on the first attempt, and the second, and the third, and the.....................................

cheers
daz

Aye a huge improvement, for sure Darren. Moray's flies have improved remarkably too.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your flies on this thread.

John

Scotaidh

Last year I tied Zulus with just about every colour of floss I had for a tail, to great success.  This one has a Glo Brite no3.

The other is a fly inspired by my aposematic flies topic.

Go To Front Page