News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Thank you! Bob. I will PM you nearer the time.Thanks!  :)

The Bandy Man

First fly I've tied at home in ages, but with a mere 65 days 'til the season starts, I suppose I better get tying a few.

[attachimg=1]

John

Clan Chief

Very nice BC.
I have been steadily filling my box with loch flies such as this which I have just finished tying.......

dazdidge

A selection of some flies I have tied over the weekend, obviously the better ones. Some of them are still a bit poor but they are deffinately improving slowly. Most of this is just to practice techniques rather than serious fly tying.

The Bandy Man

Nice flies Daz (you too CC). You're a veritable production line now, Darren!

John

Clan Chief

Been tying nymphs tonight.............

Scotaidh

I'm thinking about investing in a saltwater/pike/budgie throwing outfit.  

For the first time I've tied a fly bigger than the smallest fish I've ever caught on the fly

scotfly

A mixture of being too busy and too lazy has kept me from tying and posting for a while. But with the season fast approaching I forced my self to do some tying this weekend.
I started by stocking up on one of my favourite nymphs and I couldn't resist a few variations.

Teen Nymph Variations

Then I took a fancy to some wet flies.
It's been a while, and it shows!  :oops:

Blue Dun

Hardy's Favourite

I think I'll have to spend some time doing some wings!

bushy palmer

scotfly

Quote from: piscatus absentis on January 18, 2011, 11:49:29 PMTrouble is they don't last long.

They last a lot longer if you varnish the body before wrapping, (which I'm sure you'll do anyway) I also use the tag end of the thread as a rib.

Go To Front Page