News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

Dennis, have you ever done any cinammon and gold's or flees using cinnamon partridge quills for wings and do you have any advice on this. I've been tying C&G's all night but my winging consistency is poor.

I don't know if it's just because the quills are quite small and soft but I can't get a proper wing profile from any of them. I'll try and post a few pic's over the next day or 2.

Oh aye lovely flees again chaps.

Clan Chief

Lovely flies Dennis . Nowt wrong with those wings in my eyes.
Trying out some muddlers today which I tend to shy away from.......

Clan Chief

No I trimmed with scissors. I don't tie many muddlers as they are normally time consuming and make too much mess. The ones I tied today have just one bunch of deer hair spun on the hook and were a lot easier. I recently watched D McPhails site. He tied a great looking muddler on there recently. I thought I would tie something similar after watching his demo. My pattern looks nothing like his but its where I got the idea from.

bushy palmer

I've still not got the hang of photo- ing flees yet!

scotfly

Quote from: guest on January 19, 2011, 02:16:47 AM
Dennis, have you ever done any cinammon and gold's or flees using cinnamon partridge quills for wings and do you have any advice on this. I've been tying C&G's all night but my winging consistency is poor.

I tie my C & G's with cinammon turkey for the wing Donald, I've never tried it with the partridge. I wouldn't envisage it being a problem though, just practice I'm afraid.

Quote from: bushy palmer on January 20, 2011, 08:41:34 PM
I've still not got the hang of photo- ing flees yet!

But you have got the hang of tying the flees.  :8)

Black-Don

Tied these up the other day.

What I call cruncher specials. My consistency in these is usually better but haven't tied anything since the start of last season.  :roll: :) They'll still catch though  :wink:

Cinnamon and gold's. Not too happy with the consistency in the wing. As mentioned previously the Partridge cinammon quills have very small soft feathers which I find hard to work with. Mibbee just like you say Dennis, more practice needed.

I'll post a copy of them in the C&G thread.

Malcolm

Don,

Grunge works in flies! I much prefer these to the very smart wings that we see. I won't use them without giving them a good rub: they don't work very well for me although they do look nice. Flies, boots and cricket bats have one thing in common in my book - they are at their best just before they disintegrate!

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Chief

Nice flees Black Don. I wouldn't worry much about the wings as they look great as they are and are sure to fool the fish.

Clan Chief

HILLEND FIRE!
Nah! Bob, shithead willie and his ned pals fae the Cruix have not been setting fires to the fields around Hillend........yet. It's far too damp and cold for that anyway. Its the latest flies I've been tying tonight..........

Black-Don

Nice flees there CC. Would work well with a bit of wind and a wave methinks.

Go To Front Page