News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

They're nice flees Davy, I  like the variation of dubbing colour. Gnats are my next project and I find it amazing how many times folk seem to be thinking along the same lines in the fly tying department.

Clan Chief

Tied these beasties yesterday afternoon for use at my local............

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]

The Tarantula Bugger

Clan Chief

Interesting! Is it weighted with lead underbody?

dazdidge

Haven't tied anything today, but I have just set up my new bench. It's a free standing shelf that you would see in your local spar, co-op, david sands etc. I managed to get hold of it as we have a shopfitting section at work and it was a "second" so got it for much cheapness. They come in different widths and heights and the shelving is also different depths. There is a chance I can get some more if anyone is interested and can pick up (postage will be a tad expensive)
I am looking forward to many nights sitting in front of it with a glass of malt sitting close to hand.

daz

Black-Don

Quote from: piscatus absentis on March 14, 2011, 10:30:37 PM
For that man from Airdrie - Clan Chief.

I always like to try something new and different on the loch each season.

I wonder if this one will do anything.  Size 8 by the way.

If you don't mind me asking, what's that you've used for the back P.A. ?

Clan Chief

As I sit here tonight in anticipation of an afternoon tomorrow at my local I have been requested by my friend Scott to tie him a couple of sunburst Kates. I was only too happy to oblige. Here they are.
Hoping to have the North shore of my local to myself tomorrow afternoon what with some sporting ocassion occuring in Glasgow. I'm beginning to understand that supporting the Diamonds has its advantages as we have no Cup Finals, Euro ties or League deciders to interfere with the fishing.  :lol:

Guddler

Now they are very nice! Got some sunburst maribou the other week so I'll give them a go.

Malcolm

I like very simple flies and they don't come much simpler than this: this is a simple Large Dark Olive

[attachimg=1]
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

scotty9

What's the body Malcolm? Is it the tying thread or some sort of translucent looking material?

Go To Front Page